Saturday, the 14th. National Random Observation Day.
Okay… I just made that up. But nonetheless… you are in for a whole bunch of my random observations.
• Coffee is sort of like a magic elixer. At least, it is the closest thing I’ll ever get to drinking a magic potion. Probably.
• How come people never say Second World Countries? They are the former communist-socialist, industrial states… which today are Russia, Eastern Europe (e.g., Poland) and some of the Turk States (e.g., Kazakhstan) as well as China. You just never hear 2nd World.
• We should start saying our heights in Subway Sandwiches. Like… I am 5 1/2 sandwiches tall.
• A Baker’s Dozen is 13. I wonder how many a Candlestick Maker’s Dozen is?
• Does anyone playing the music in an orchestra actually pay any attention to the conductor? Or is the dude up there just play acting? Like crazy.
• I wonder how many new suits Clark Kent has to buy. I can’t imagine that he would want them back after being in the bottom of some dirty phone booth. Or if they would even still be there.
• Now I am wondering where Superman changes his clothes. We don’t really have phone booths any more.
• If I say “There is a fat chance” I will do something… it is not very likely that it will happen. If I say “There is a slim chance” I will do something… it is not very likely that it will happen. Which is less likely? Fat or slim?
• Don’t you think it would be kind of cool if we were hatched from eggs like baby chickens? I think the whole pregnancy thing would be a LOT easier on Moms. AND… Dads could sit on the eggs too.
• Minnows have teeth in their throats. For some reason, this creeps me out. I a very big way.
• I eat about 5 apples a day. I just found out that apple seeds (and other fruit seeds) contain cyanogenenic glycosides…. and THAT turns into cyanide gas during digestion. In past years, at least nine people in Turkey have died of cyanide poisoning from gorging on fruits with seeds. I better quit eating the apple seeds.
• Ghandi never won the Nobel Peace Prize. And Susan Lucci used to pitch a fit over not winning an Emmy for her Soap Opera??? I think a big WTF is in order here.
• Depending on the time of the year, the earth’s distance to the sun can vary as much as 3 million miles. That seems like a lot to me. And colder.
• It is all in the name. The soda 7-UP was created in 1929. Seven ( “7” ) was selected because the original containers were 7 ounces. “UP” indicated the direction of the bubbles. I wonder how Velveeta got its name.
• No one ever says “Mark my words.” any more. So… I think it is important that I say this. Mark My Words.