What a great and wonderful thing. Most of the time. I guess.
So, to clarify. When you discover something pleasant. THEN it is a great and wonderful thing. But…. on the other hand. When you discover that your dog just peed on the carpet…. …. . not so good.
We see it with Mr. Webster as this. To discover is to find (something or someone) unexpectedly or in the course of a search.
So basically, by definition, it could go either way.
Today, I discovered many things. Some of them are….
• Looking up things on the internet can be fun. And of course, informative. You could’ve been reading about Aztecs right now. Trust me.
• Hauling more rocks from the creek bed to the Rock Sanctuary, for 3 1/2 hours, can wear you out. Two days in a row.
• Large, incredibly large and hairy spiders, live under certain rocks in the creek bed. When they run up your boot, it causes you to flail your leg wildly, and to land on your rear end. Scurrying, and cowering along the ground…. to an entity who weighs less than 2 ounces.
• Other spiders have great jumping abilities.
• I am not as young as I used to be.
• Pizza is even more delicious, when you are tired, sore, and famished.
• Hot showers are the secret to a happy life.
• Olympic long jumpers jump a long way. Like some spiders.
I discovered a lot more than all of that. But here is one thing I continue to discover, over and over again.
Everything in the universe is connected. Everything. It is all one big, giant, gargantuan, huge field of energy, all running at the same exact moment.
Energy can neither be created, nor destroyed.
So it is all here, just switching places, and form.
That means you. That means me. All people. And everything in between and beyond. The stars. That book on the shelf. Spiders. Rocks. Goats. Oceans. Ice Cream. Everything.
The incredible John Muir once said… “When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe.”
My biggest discovery, is just that. Time and time again. Everything in the universe is connected. And that fact continues to surprise me, over and over. Thanks for connecting with me…. here.
“We are an impossibility in an impossible universe.”
― Ray Bradbury